We know PFS could not exist without volunteers. We rely on the help of caring and hard-working volunteers at our shelter, our resale shop and as foster parents. We know that our animals’ chances of adoption increases because of human contact. Volunteers also help us inform the community of the goals and objectives of PFS, promote responsible pet ownership and raise money to help keep our doors open. The future of PFS depends largely on its volunteers. We are all working together for the animals.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
Complete these few simple steps and become a volunteer at PFS Shelter!!
· Submit a PFS Volunteer Application, which includes signing a Volunteer Agreement and a Release and Waiver of Liability form
· Read the Volunteer Handbook (this will be emailed to you after you submit your application)
· Sign up and attend an orientation session
· Join the PFS Volunteer Facebook page! (optional but recommended)
· Treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare.
· Represent yourself and PFS in a professional manner and treat all visitors and potential adopters with respect.
Volunteer Opportunities –
§ Fostering dogs and cats
§ Socializing our cats
§ Cleaning our shelter
§ Helping with medical care
§ Working with Seniors in our Pets for Seniors Program
§ Assisting with Pet Adoption Events
§ Helping with Fundraising & Special Events
§ Working at our Resale Shop