Welcome to Pets For Seniors & Pets for Saving
Why Choose PFS as Your Favorite Place to Adopt Your New Family Members?
Read below to hear about our strengths.
- We humanize animals – we spend time socializing them & creating personal relationships with them prior to their adoptions –thanks to our staff and all of our volunteers!
- We place importance on our adoption selection process.
- All adopters become part of our PFS Family.
- Honesty & integrity are the basis of all our interactions.
- We take in senior animals as well as young ones.
- We disclose any health and behavioral problems of our animals to potential adopters.
- We provide (to the best of our ability) for our animals’ medical needs.
- We know our animals and try to give people as much information as possible prior to adoption.
- We are open to working cooperatively with other shelters.
- We will always take our adopted animals back.
- We are an established shelter that has a sterling reputation and are even located on Sterling Avenue!
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE SHELTER
We earned a 2021 Platinum Seal of Transparency!
Learn more about our organization’s impact through our not-for-profit page. You will see our Summary, Programs Plus Results, Financials, Operations.
Guidestar is the world’s largest source of information about nonprofit organizations. It serves to verify that an organization is established and the donated funds go where the donor intends.
In 2013, GuideStar offered nonprofits 3 possible seals based on information they provided showing increasing levels of transparency. They included Bronze, Silver, and Gold. In 2016, a new seal was created that allows nonprofits to share not only their financial information but also their progress and results for their mission. This level is known as Platinum.
More About Us
Pets for seniors
We match senior pets with senior people. Our shelter was made possible by a grant from Dara’s Canine Foundation and the generosity of many individual contributors.
pets for saving
Learn how we help adoptable pets find homes. You can visit our Facebook page to see current animals that are available for adoption.